1. Stand with your feet about four inches apart and have your back straight and arms relaxed at your sides.
2. Lift your arms away from your sides until they are directly overhead with the backs of the hands almost touching and the fingers straight.
3. Close your eyes and feel the sensations of energy in your body.
4. Relax your thighs and minimize any backward arching in the spine.
5. Open your arms, increasing the distance between them and gradually let them descend to your sides, taking a full minute to bring them all the way down.
6. Pay attention to the feeling tones as you move and let energy flow into your heart center.
7. As the arms descend to your sides, you may feel heat and energy surrounding your arms and hands.
8. Take another full minute to move your arms up again.
9. When the arms are overhead, stretch up slightly, with your thighs and legs fully relaxed. This stretch clears and settles the mind. Be present with the sensations.
10. Continue the movement nine times, going more slowly each time.
11. At the end of the nine repetitions, sit for five minutes or more and experience the flow of energy with breath, body, and mind as one.
12. If time permits, journal about your experience. If your heart could speak, what would it say? If your heart has a need, how can you respond. If it feels right, complete by holding your heart with your hands and sending appreciation through the heart to the blood that goes to every cell in your body.