MatrixWorks operates from six basic assumptions:
- Living System – All human systems (bodies, individuals, families, groups, organizations) are living systems.
- Basic Goodness – At the core of every individual and group is basic goodness. Goodness manifests as qualities of Compassion, Love,Balance and Joy.
- Witnessing – An individual and a group are always expressing as much health as possible in any given moment; if the health is acknowledged, it will express more clearly.
- Interdependence – Nothing happens in isolation; things arise in relationship to each other; “nothing is itself without everything else.”
- Emotional Intelligence – Living systems move toward the expression of greater coherence, complexity, and cohesion.
- Awareness – Healing happens in the present moment.